Question about Nintendo DSi Black Console
Hi and Welcome to Fixya
Nintendo Dsi/DS/Ds XL connects to the internet using wireless connection. You need to know the settings of your router. Below are the steps on how you will access the router and to obtain the information needed for you to be connected.
How to access the Router:
1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and theNetwork Key or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remeber the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the Network Key to make it secure.
Now that we already know the setting of the router then its now time to connect the Dsi to the network.
1. Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings of the Game
2. Search for an Access Point (SSID)
3. Select your Network (SSID), If you have an open network, just click "OK" and it should work just fine! If it's a Red Padlock, it'll prompt you for a Password or Network Key. This is the reson why we access the router.
4. Test the Connection.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Posted on May 08, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2015 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
May 16, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite
May 09, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 03, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Mar 11, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Mar 07, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Red Console
Mar 07, 2011 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 06, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Feb 16, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite
Nov 07, 2009 | Pokemon Video Game Consoles & Games
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: