I stumbled across a tutorial on fixing the convergence for my Sony KP-46WT510 a while ago, and now I can't find it again! Does anyone know where I can find that tutorial or one similar to it? We've been...
Here is a walk through on how to set your convergence.
A quick and easy way to try and let the TV realign the convergence try this...
1) Turn on the TV and tune to a channel and let it warm up for about a half an hour to let everything settle into its normal operating mode.
2) Press the Flash Focus button on the original TV remote. A cross pattern will show on the screen and the process is complete when the cross turns white and the TV returns to the program you were watching.
3) Do not press any other buttons until this process has completed.
If this does not adjust it enough you can adjust the convergence manually as follows:
1) Press the menu button on the original TV remote.
2) Use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight setup and press + button to select.
3) Use arrow keys to select convergence and press + button to select.
4) A pattern of white crosses appears, with a yellow [ ] around one of the
crosses. Aligned crosses (which do not need adjustment) look white and
have little or no red or blue showing. Crosses that are not aligned show
red or blue shades beyond their edges.
5) Use the arrow keys to move the [ ] to a cross that is not aligned. ***Note: start with crosses in the middle and work outward ****
*** TIP: Set the alignment while about 5 feet from TV for better results ****
6) Press the + button to select the cross and the [ ] will turn red indicating it is ready to adjust the Red convergence.
7) Use the arrow keys to move the red cross on top of the white one or at least as close as you can get it.
8) Once the Red is aligned press the + key again and the [ ] will turn blue. This indicates it is now ready to adjust the blue convergence.
9) Use the arrow keys to move the blue cross on top of the white one or at least as close as you can get it.
10) Once you have aligned the blue cross press the + button again and the [ ] should turn yellow.
11) Repeat steps 5 through 10 until all the crosses are aligned. To exit back to regular programming press the menu button on the remote.
Jan 08, 2010 |
Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV