Question about Sony BDV-E370 Theater System
I don't know what you've been told, but you can only convert this player to region free using a programmable universal remote made by One-for-All. This cannot be done using the Sony remote supplied with the home theater / Blu-ray player. In addition, this player can only be made region free for DVDs - not for Blu-ray discs.
If you have a programmable One-for-All universal remote, please let me know and I will explain the instructions for unlocking the player in more detail. If you don't have one of these remotes, you will need to buy one before you can unlock the player. Only certain models of One-for-All remote are suitable for this purpose.
Please let me know what remotes you have and we'll go from there. Please do not attempt to apply any instructions you've been told to the Sony remote.
You should also note that unlocking the player will invalidate any warranty which is still in effect.
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Full procedure for a oneforall remote is as follows:
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDV-E370 region free:
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The 24p light will start flashing. (Centre light)
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote.
4. Hard reboot machine (remove power)to prevent the 24p light flashing indefinitely.
5. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2017 | LG Televison & Video
Feb 05, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 26, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 30, 2009 | Televison & Video
Aug 11, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 21, 2009 | Panasonic DMP-BD30K Blu-Ray Player
Aug 21, 2008 | Goodmans Televison & Video
Apr 26, 2008 | LG DV276 Recorder
May 07, 2007 | Aiwa XD-DV480 DVD Player
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: