Question about Vizio XWR100 Wireless Router
1. Unplug the power cable from your high-speed internet modem.
2. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable (included) to the number 1 port on the router.
3. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on your computer.
4. Connect an Ethernet cable from your high-speed Internet modem into the Internet port on the router.
5. Plug the power back into your high-speed internet modem. Plug the power adapter into the router and wait 30 seconds before plugging it into a power outlet.
6. Wait 30 seconds for the router to fully connect and open an Internet browser window (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari). Type http://vizio.home or http://192.168.1.1 in the browser window and press Enter. The Quick Start App will automatically start.
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Can you ping it?
Start - All Programs - Accessories - command prompt
type "ping 192.168.1.1" without quotations and press enter.
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Problem can't be solved as described, a fixer would need more details.
What kind of modem/router is it?
What instructions are you working from so far (you say, "as instructed" so I take it you're looking at a Quick Start Guide of some sort?)
How are you connected to it?
What http address are you going to (E.g. some routers use 192.168.1.1, others 192.168.1.254 or various alternatives)
What happens when you enter that address on a browser?
Have you set your computer's address to a nearby address so it can talk to the route?
If I had one guess with not enough information, I'd say you need to set your PC to an address one different from the target you're going to.
( http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/g/192-168-1-254-d.htm )
Posted on Jan 10, 2011
Step 1 : Check the IP Address of the Computer
Step 2 : If it is in the Range of the Router ( 192.168.2.x)
Step 3 : Try typing 192.168.2.1 on the address bar of internet explorer
Step 4 : If not working Hard reset the router by inserting a paper clip into the reset hole on the back of the router
Step 5 : If the IP Address is any public address or 169.254.x.x then also do step 4
Posted on Jan 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2014 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jun 01, 2011 | Thomson GE-28115FE1 Cordless Phone
Aug 21, 2010 | IOGear (GBU211) Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
Apr 18, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S6084 Notebook
Jan 31, 2010 | Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional for PC
Jul 29, 2009 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
Apr 28, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 24, 2009 | Facebook Social Network
May 06, 2006 | Philips cBright SV2 Multimedia Projector
438 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: