Question about AT&T 5840 Cordless Phone
The process is called "Registering."
From another fixya post:
1. Make sure to charge the handset battery pack at least 12 hours.
2. Using the soft keys on the base located below the base screen, press MENU.
3. Use the up or down arrow keys to select DISPLAY BASE ID.
4. Press OK. The base screen will display the 15-digit Base ID
code for about 30 seconds, then the unit returns to the idle
screen. Write down the Base ID code on a piece of paper.
5. At the cordless handset, use the soft key to select NEW.
6. Enter the 15-digit Base ID code using the number keypad.
7. Use the soft key to select OK. The screen displays PLEASE
8. After about 45 seconds, the screen displays FOUND BASE. If the handset displays BASE BUSY TRY LATER, the base is in
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2018 | AT&T Lands Phones
Oct 04, 2012 | AT&T ATT TL86009 Phone
Jan 20, 2011 | AT&T 5840 5.8GHz...
Sep 24, 2009 | AT&T 5840 5.8GHz...
May 14, 2009 | Lands Phones
Apr 01, 2009 | AT&T E2126 2.4 GHz Cordless Phone
Mar 15, 2009 | AT&T 2230 Cordless Phone
Feb 10, 2009 | AT&T 5840 5.8GHz...
Dec 19, 2007 | AT&T 5840 5.8GHz...
May 30, 2012 | AT&T 5840 Cordless Phone
Nov 20, 2017 | AT&T 5840 Cordless Phone
Sep 23, 2009 | AT&T 5840 Cordless Phone
Jun 23, 2009 | AT&T 5840 Cordless Phone
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!