Question about HP G62144DX Laptop
1. Check if the webcam driver is installed. go to Device Manager, if your computr have Vista/7 you can type "Device Manager" in the start search box in the start menu and click on Device Manager in the results list at the top. If you have XP, right click on the "My Computer" icon then Properties, from the System Properties windows go to the "Hardware" tab then from there click on the Device Manager button.
2. Once Device Manager is open, look for "Imaging Devices" click on the small + sign to expand the view and check if your webcam is listed there, if it doesn't come up or if it does and have a red "X" on it, we will need to reinstall the driver to fix it.
3. Most HP/Compaq notebook computers have a "Recovery" partition. We can reinstall all bundled programs and drivers from there. For Vista/7, type "Recovery Manager" in the search box, for XP look for the Recovery Manager in the Programs Menu.
4. When the Recovery Manager program loads, select "Hardware/Driver Reinstallation". A list of all drivers will be listed, look for the webcam driver. Follow the on screen instructions for installation.
5. When installation finishes, the computer might restart automatically or if it doesn't restart the computer.
6. Test the webcam.
Hope this help.
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2014 | Kodak F101 Family HD Webcam
Jul 08, 2012 | HP Omni 100 PC
Mar 22, 2011 | ASUS N53JQ-XT1 Laptop Computer - Intel...
Aug 26, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Aug 13, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
May 09, 2009 | Logitech Webcam
Mar 27, 2009 | Compaq AVC00-AA Webcam
Apr 05, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv2500t Notebook
Dec 08, 2011 | HP G62144DX Laptop
Nov 18, 2011 | HP G62144DX Laptop
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: