Question about HP Pavilion dv2310us Notebook
Registry is accessed by almostall the installed programs and your operating system itself. Why is computerslow and freezing has to do with the fragmented registry data. You have todownload a PC Optimizer software that includes Registry Defragmenter tool suchas Reginout to perform system maintenance tasks.
Too Many Programs areInstalled
Installing too many programs makeyour computer slow and freezing. You have to uninstall the unwanted programs.
1. Click Start ' Control Panel.
2. Click Programs ' Uninstall a Program.
3. Select a program to remove.
4. Click Uninstall button.
5. Follow the wizard.
6. Reboot the computer after completion. b> Insufficient RAM Sometimes computer runs slow andstarts freezing due to an insufficient RAM. You have to install additional RAMsif required. b> Lack of Proper Configurations You will feel that your computeris slow and freezing if you haven't set Windows for best performance. 1. Right click My Computer.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click Advanced System Settings.
4. Click Advanced tab.
5. Click Settings button under Performance frame.
6. Select the option Adjust for best performance.
7. Click Apply ' OK ' OK. b> Junk Registry Keys Storing junk entries in theregistry makes your computer slow and freezing. You have to delete such junkentries using a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software.
Posted on Jun 16, 2011
This could be for a couple of reasons, 1) you have a virus causing your laptop to crash or 2) you have a faulty Hard Drive.
Try downloading and running Hit Man Pro (an anti-virus software) that should clean up any viruses you have, download it here:
Run the scan and remove and viruses it finds and reboot the computer...see if this makes any difference, if not, try booting up in the recovery partition and repairing Windows.
Let me know if this helps
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
Corrupted System Files
Your computer slows due to corruptedsystem files. System files corruption is one of the most responsible causes forcrashing the entire computer. Deleting or moving the system files may crashyour computer.
1. Insert the Microsoft Windows Installation CD ROM.
2. Click Start ' Run.
3. Type SFC/ ScanNow and press ENTER.
4. Follow the instructions on your screen.
System registry corruption leads to runtime errors and your computer slows.Windows Registry is very complex and not easy to repair manually. Hence, athird-party Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software is recommended.
1. Download a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software such as Reginout.
2. Click Registry Cleaner tab.
3. Click Start Scan.
4. The registry scan will start. Wait till it is finished.
5. As per the results, click Fix Now button to start repairing you registry.
Often good registry cleaners include built-in Backup & Restore centre thatlets you recover from an unforeseen situation by simply restoring the state ofyour registry.
Your computer crashes due to problems with the computer memory. A faulty RAMmay result in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
In such a case, remove the existing RAM and clean it using a soft cloth. Then,connect it again. The problem may not persist..
Your computer slows because of apreviously failed or incomplete installation. An incomplete or failedinstallation creates junk registry entries and thereby system crashing problem.
Repair the registry entries created by a failed setup and delete the files thatstill remain on your hard disk. Delete the contents of C:\Windows\Temp folder.
Disk Space Allocated by Unnecessary Files
Your computer slows if the operating system has no adequate free disk space toperform its operations. Temporary files, temporary internet files, log files,browser cache and other files may occupy a large amount of your disk space andthus generating runtime errors that crashes your system.
Using Disk Cleaner, delete the junk files from your hard disk. The steps are asbelow:
1. Click Start ' All Programs ' Accessories ' System Tools ' Disk CleanUp.
2. Follow the instructions on your screen.
Posted on Jun 24, 2011
Take your computer to a good technician because fading of colors sounds weird to me...
Posted on Jun 21, 2011
If you are experiencing slow response on your computer you may do the following below.
Do a disk clean up to clean unnecessary files on your computer.
To open Disk Cleanup, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup
2. Disable unnecesary windows programs running on the pc
Start > Run > Type services.msc
Look at "Startup Item", and we need to identify the program that we want to disable and click on apply.
Click on close and restart the pc.
3. You may also check if you do have multiple Antiv virus programs cause it would slow down your pc.
4. Run a scan on your computer to check for any malicious software.
5. If you are using IE, delete cookies, temporary files and reset IE if possible.
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2013 | ViewSonic N1930W 19 in. LCD TV
Apr 23, 2012 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Apr 22, 2017 | Sanyo DP42849 42 in. HDTV
Mar 21, 2011 | Acer Televison & Video
Dec 14, 2009 | Sony KP-53XBR200 53" Rear Projection...
Nov 25, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER C3200 Copier
Sep 19, 2009 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Mar 12, 2009 | Dell Latitude D830 Notebook
Nov 20, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 22, 2008 | ViewSonic VG900b 19" LCD Monitor
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!