Question about Sewing Machines
(1) Check the needle or replace with a new one. A needle has a groove in one side of it and that is the side that the thread enters the needle. Some thread from the side and some from the front.
(2) Before sewing, manually turn the wheel to make the needle goes down while holding the needle thread with your left hand. When the bottom thread pulls up, pull both threads toward the back of the machine before sewing.
(3) Make sure your pressure foot has been lowered. Sounds silly, but if you lift is high it might just look like it is engaged.
(4) Try it on two ply fabric first and try both a straight stitch and a zig zag and see if you have problems with either.
(5) Make sure your thread is really machine thread and not hand sewing thread.
(6) Make sure the bobbin thread is feeding off the bobbin spool in the right direction.
(7) Anything other than these is probably a tension problem or a bobbin timing problem.
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Why won the machine pick up the bobbin thread BrotherOne Point Advice Place a spool of thread on a spool pin.
One Point Advice Upper threading
- Remove the bobbin and make sure the bobbin is threaded properly in the shuttle race.
Remove any loose threads or lint in the shuttle race.One Point Advice Installing a bobbin into a bobbin case
or this link might help you out some more.
- You could be holding the needle thread too tight.
Hold the thread lightly to keep the end from going down into the shuttle.
- The needle could be thread incorrectly.
Thread the needle eye from the front to the back.
- The needle could be bent or improperly inserted.
Install a new needle with the flat side of the needle facing the back.
Dec 06, 2017 | Brother Sewing Machines
Feb 03, 2014 | Janome Magnolia 7330 Sewing Machine
Aug 02, 2011 | Singer 1120 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Apr 30, 2011 | Singer 57815 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Nov 11, 2010 | As Seen On TV Handy Stitch Mechanical...
Mar 19, 2010 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Feb 19, 2010 | Simplicity Sewing Machines
Jan 10, 2010 | Janome Jem Silver 662 Mechanical Sewing...
Dec 02, 2009 | Kenmore 15516 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Mar 21, 2009 | Bernina Virtuosa 150
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: