Question about Sewing Machines
(1) Check the needle or replace with a new one. A needle has a groove in one side of it and that is the side that the thread enters the needle. Some thread from the side and some from the front.
(2) Before sewing, manually turn the wheel to make the needle goes down while holding the needle thread with your left hand. When the bottom thread pulls up, pull both threads toward the back of the machine before sewing.
(3) Make sure your pressure foot has been lowered. Sounds silly, but if you lift is high it might just look like it is engaged.
(4) Try it on two ply fabric first and try both a straight stitch and a zig zag and see if you have problems with either.
(5) Make sure your thread is really machine thread and not hand sewing thread.
(6) Make sure the bobbin thread is feeding off the bobbin spool in the right direction.
(7) Anything other than these is probably a tension problem or a bobbin timing problem.
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2014 | Janome Magnolia 7330 Sewing Machine
Aug 02, 2011 | Singer 1120 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jul 11, 2011 | Husqvarna Designer I
Apr 30, 2011 | Singer 57815 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Nov 11, 2010 | As Seen On TV Handy Stitch Mechanical...
Mar 19, 2010 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Feb 19, 2010 | Simplicity Sewing Machines
Jan 10, 2010 | Janome Jem Silver 662 Mechanical Sewing...
Dec 02, 2009 | Kenmore 15516 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Mar 21, 2009 | Bernina Virtuosa 150
Dec 15, 2017 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: