- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can use the Restore CD that came with the computer. The eMachines restore disk sets your PC back to factory settings with the original operating system and programs that were shipped with the computer. Doing so resolves many problems that can arise from long-term computer use, viruses, or the operating system slowing down.
1. To do a factory restore insert the restore CD then reboot the computer. When prompted, press any key to boot from the CD.
2. Select the option to "Reformat the drive to factory settings."
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the operating system and original software that came with your computer.
4. Once the Restore finishes, you can re-install all the programs that you added to the computer as well as restore your files.
Reminder: Reformatting your computer erases all of your installed programs, personal documents, pictures and music. If you have the ability to, back up all of your personal data using a removable flash drive, external hard drive or DVDs before doing a Factory Restore.
It tough to say at this point what the exact problem is. it sounds like you have a virus. Try reformatting the drive and a fresh install of Windows to correct the problem. Before you go online to update your Windows OS make sure you have up to date Virus software.
There is no virus in existence other then bios viruses that can survive a reformat restore.
find your restore disks or call the original manufacturer to obtain the original software.
if you do not have a name brand machine. you will need to reformat yourself and re install the OS manually.