Question about Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
I suggest you to hard reset and configure the router settings manually to fix this issue.
A) Please follow the steps given below to Hard reset the router:
- Connect the computer to the "LAN" port on the router and connect the modem to the Internet/"WAN" port, using Ethernet cables.
- Take a paper clip, insert the paper clip in the reset hole of the router and hold it for 60 seconds.
- Unplug the power cable from the router after 20 seconds while the reset button is pressed.
- Wait for about 20 seconds and then plug-in the power cable back to the router.
- Wait for all the lights on the router to light up solid and then release the reset button.
- The power light will flash and then come back "ON" solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.
B) Please follow the steps given below for configuring the router manually:
- Log on to the router web interface by typing in http://192.168.2.1, in the address bar of your browser.
- By default, the password is blank.
- Click on "Connection Type" in the left hand column under "Internet WAN" heading.
If the connection type is PPPOE (DSL):
- Choose "PPPOE" and click on "Next".
- Enter the user name and password given by your Internet Service Provider.
- Save the settings.
- Click on the "Home" link at the top of the screen.
Internet Status should show "Connected" on the top right hand corner of the web page. If not please unplug the power cable from the router and unplug the power from the modem, leave these both units unplugged for 1 minute. Plug the power to the modem first and wait for the modem to get ready, then plug the power to the router.
If the problem persists, please get back to us with the following information:
1. Type of connection provided by your ISP (Is it PPPOE, Dynamic or static).
2. Name of the Internet service provider (ISP).
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2014 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Feb 12, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
Feb 21, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jan 14, 2009 | SMC (SMCWBR14-G2) Router
Jan 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 16, 2008 | Toshiba Portege R100 Notebook
Apr 19, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Jan 14, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!