Question about Everex StepNote NC1500 Notebook
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer.
2. Select Manage.
3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management.
4. Double click on Application.
5. Check for the errors.
6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors.
7. Search for the solution to this problem. Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow. b> Limit your Startup list: A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below. 1. Click on Start button.
2. Type "msconfig" in search option.
3. Double click on the file.
4. Click on Startup.
5. Uncheck all unwanted programs.
6. Close system configuration utility.
7. You are done. b> Uninstall unwanted program: Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps. 1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed.
5. Click on Remove button.
6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs.
7. You are done. b> Scan System for Viruses: Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program. b> Run Disk Clean Up: Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to All Programs.
3. Click on Accessories.
4. Now click on System tools.
5. Click on Disk clean up. b> Defrag hard disk: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to Command Prompt.
3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter. b> Defrag Registry: You mayuse some safe program such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry relatedissues.
Posted on Jun 16, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2014 | ASUS G73JHA1 Notebook
on Mar 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Mar 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 12, 2014 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Computers & Internet
May 25, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 13, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A60-S1561 Notebook
Sep 09, 2009 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Jul 25, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Simply plug the ac adapter into the wall, the laptop will charge the battery itself.
Keep in mind this... in general, a laptop runs at full speed when it is plugged into the wall. When most laptops are running on battery, things are running more at 50% capacity to save on power, this giving you more battery life. A dimmer lcd and slowing the processor down when not needed are common traits.
You can use the FN key (function key) and the corresponding dim control on the keyboard to adjust the brightnedd of the backlight. It should be marked on your keyboard in a different color, like blue or maybe green (not familiar with that models keyboard).
Oct 21, 2007 | HP Compaq Business Notebook NX9010
226 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: