Question about Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
In order to get rid of the forgotten code and disabled message, we must restore the device.
In this case when the iphone or itouch or similar is giving you a message that its disabled, then we have to first force the device into recovery mode, from which we can do a normal restore.
Note that this removes all the content from your player.
Basically the steps are
1. Take out the usb cable, connect it to the computer, but not to the device.
2. Turn off your device
3. While pressing and holding the home button, reconnect the usb cable to the device, when you reconnect the usb cable the phone or itouch should power on.
If you are low on battery let it charge for a while, then start from the beginning (unplug the usb from the device)
4. While still holding the home button, until you see a message about "Connect to Itunes" then let go.
5. if not already open, open itunes, you should receive a short warning about recovery mode.
6. do a normal restore from itunes, it wipes the devices and the disabled message and the forgotten code are removed.
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 16, 2010 | Apple iPod MP3 Player
Sep 08, 2009 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
May 15, 2009 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
Aug 26, 2008 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
Jul 25, 2008 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
Nov 27, 2007 | Apple iPod MP3 Player
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: