Question about Computers & Internet
Welcome to Fixya. We need to check if the system can still boot to Safe Mode and check if a program is causing the problem.
You can try to boot the system using Safe Mode and try to see it it will be able to boot so that you will be able to backup your file. In addition to that you disable other programs that might be causing the system not to boot up. Go to Safe Mode by reseting the computer then tapping F8. If your able to acces safe mode follow these instructions:
1. Go to Start then click on RUN.
2. Type MSCONFIG.
3. Go to Services Tab, click Hide Microsoft Services then click Disable All.
4. Reboot the computer and see it it will go to normal mode. It you will be able to boot to normal mode it only means that one of the installed software is preventing windows to load.
5. If this work then try to enable one software at a time on the Services Tab so that you will be able to know what program is causing it.
6. If this doesn't work the Operating System is corrupted. We need to do a OS Reinstalltion or Hard Disk Recovery.
For additional info to solve the issue please provided the information needed.
- Since when did you experience the problem?
- Any changes made before it happens?
If you have questions or follow up please let me know. Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2014 | Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 Notebook
Jan 14, 2011 | Toshiba Qosmio F25-AV205 Notebook
Nov 23, 2010 | Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 Notebook
Sep 25, 2010 | Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 Notebook
Jul 28, 2010 | Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV650 Notebook
Apr 13, 2009 | Toshiba QOSMIO E15-AV101 Notebook
Mar 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2007 | Toshiba Qosmio G15 Notebook
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!