Officejet pro l7780 not printing
OfficeJet 7880 Not Printing
A little more information would have been helpful in troubleshooting this problem. Did the printer ever work correctly? Did it just start printing yellow lines one day? Has it been out of use for a long time or, did you buy it in this condition. Also, is your computer a Windows PC or a Mac and which version of the OS are you using?
If you don\'t have the manual, you need to download one. I saw a link in a previous post or you can go to HP.com. The manual is crap as far as troubleshooting but it has all the part numbers of ink cartridges and printheads.
From the skimpy info you have supplied, I am going to assume there is something wrong in the ink supply system.
1. First you need to print a test page to find out if anything other than yellow can get to the paper. Find the HP Printer Utility. Again, not knowing what computer and OS you are using, I can\'t give you any explicit info. On Windows you might find something in Control Panels>Printer or under Programs you might find the HP Printer Utility. On a Mac maybe System Preferences>Printers or Go>Applications>HP Control Center.
2. If it only prints yellow boxes, or yellow boxes with streaks, you can run the Clean Printheads utility and reprint the test page. If you get more yellow or other colors start to show up, this indicates there\'s something wrong in the whole ink supply chain.
The HP 7xxx printers use the CYMK color system and have separate ink cartridges for each color: cyan, yellow, magenta, and black(K). In addition, the printheads are separate from the ink cartridges: yellow/black printhead and cyan/magenta printhead.
3. The problem could be in the ink cartridges or the printheads, or both. If the printer has been sitting for a long time, the ink will gel and clog up the whole system. Check the ink cartridges first. Are all four of them installed? Are they HP brand? Take them out one at a time, shake them and the reinstall them. Print another test page. Did anything change?
4. If more colors are printing, even with streaks, you should probably replace all the cartridges with GENUINE HP cartridges that are not expired. This could cost you $50-$60 on an eBay purchase but if you buy non-HP, or expired cartridges, you will not be a happy camper, long term. If you want to do this on the cheap, buy a black cartridge and see if you can at least start printing text. If you\'re making progress, you can buy the color cartridges later.
5. If replacing the cartridges fixed the problem, you\'re home relatively "free". If you have to replace either or both of the printheads, this can be expensive. They can run from $50-$100 each, so you\'ll have to make a decision on how much you want to spend on a printer that sold for $175 at Costco 6-7 years ago. Don\'t get me wrong, this is one of HP\'s better print engines but you will have to make an economic decision based on how much it\'s going to cost to bring this printer back to life. You can probably pick up a used 7xxx printer on Craigslist for $50-$75.
Hope this helps.
Sep 22, 2014 |
HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...