Question about Heating & Cooling
My central heat and air unit is blowing barely ( really weak aircirculation ) but everybody i called said that there is nothing wrong
then why can't it cool my house like it suppose too
my unit is 2 1/2 ton for an 1800 sqft house insulation is great and brand new
Without knowing more information:
1. The evaporator coil could be frozen blocking air flow.
2. Dirty air filters will block air flow.
3. If it has a 2 or 3 speed motor, the highest speed should be used by the AC setting. It could be a wiring issue here. You
didn't state if this is a new problem or has it always been this way.
4. If it's a belt driven blower, the belt could be slipping.
5. If its belt driven, you might have an adustable pully on the motor, if so it needs to be screwed in as far as possible for max speed.
I had the same issue years ago. It was like that from the day I bought the house. Mine is belt driven, so I simply bought a larger pully for the motor, thus making the squirl cage spin faster, and I get plenty of air flow now.
That's about all I got for Ya...
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2014 | Honeywell Heat/Cool Thermostat
May 20, 2011 | Intertherm P3RA-048K Air Conditioner
Apr 24, 2017 | 1996 Honda Passport
Nov 16, 2010 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Jun 09, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
Feb 23, 2010 | Coleman Propane Forced Air Heater...
Jun 19, 2009 | Ecoquest Flair Air Purifier
Jan 13, 2009 | Haier HC48C1VAR Central Air Conditioner
Jul 03, 2008 | Goodman CLQ36AR49 Air Conditioner
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!