Question about Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Hello iff you follow the steps here you will be sorted 1. Make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.
2. Go to the location of your downloaded map. you'll find it in this location:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents \ TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ map\
(Substitute your specific map name every time you see your_map_name in these instructions.
It's a cab (compressed) file.
3. Within the compressed cab file, if you look at the contents, you should see a your_map_name.zip file, perhaps a couple of .gif files, a your_map_name.toc file and, importantly, an activation_map.cab file.
4. Use Winrar and extract the contents of the your_map_name.zip file into the current your_map_name map folder on your unit. If you don't have a folder called your_map_name, then create one using Explorer.
5. Then, extract the file in the activation.cab file into the same your_map_name map folder on your unit. You don't need to worry about the other files.
6. Make another Explorer backup of the unit's contents to a different folder on your computer.
7. Disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer using the Safely Disconnect icon in your notification area of your desktop.
You are done!
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2013 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
drive recovery software is the exact answer for your question how to restore crashed hard drive Mac data.
Some days back, due to software conflicts my Mac hard drive was crashed and I
was unable to access my data stored in it. I was really tensed because the
stored data was very much important to me. Then I searched over the internet
and found this software which successfully restored all my lost data and I was very
much happy after getting back my data. The software can be downloaded either
from official website or by simply clicking here.
Jul 07, 2012 | Transcend TS320GSJ25P Storejet 25p 320gb...
Feb 23, 2012 | GPS
Sep 18, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Jul 10, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Nov 28, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 265W GPS Receiver
Nov 23, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 600 Car GPS Receiver
Sep 20, 2009 | Nextar X4-T Car GPS Receiver
Aug 22, 2007 | Garmin StreetPilot c340 GPS Receiver
Aug 06, 2014 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: