I turned on my notebook one day and the screen was very dark hit FUN key to turn the screen brighter but nothing happen, come to find out that none of th key work on the keyboard. Is there a keyboard LOCK any where or keyboard is trash. Any help is deeply appreciated.
As per what i understand from the issue you stated it has the possible solutions :
1. perform a Power Drain Test to drain out the accumulated static charge from within the notebook (happens with every laptop) - let the laptop be on , remove the power cord , remove the battery directly without directly shutting the laptop. The laptop will shut down once you remove the battery. Then press and hold the power button for the next 50 seconds continuously. Then attach the battery , then the power cord and power on the notebook. Check the keyboard . If no go , then
2. use an external keyboard . Attach the external keyboard to the laptop and boot into the normal OS desktop. Open Device Manager and check if there are any conflicts. Or else directly update/flash the BIOS by clicking on the link below : www.hp.com
If unable to do so , please mail back giving the Serial Number of the laptop and the Product Number (loacted underneath the laptop on a white label beginning with s/n and p/n respectively ) and i shall send you the exact BIOS update/flash link .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Press and hold the blue Fn key then press the right arrow key a few times and see if it gets brighter. If that doesn't work try #2
2. Press and hold the blue FN key then press F5 or F6 not sure which one changes your screen. If it seems to mess something up it's ok. Just press the same combo that messed it up once or twice and it will go back to normal.
Normally there should be two keys to turn up and turn down the bightness on the top of the keyboard partnered with the F keysLook for a lightbulb symbol, one showing it getting brighter and one dimmer. First press the key a few times and if the screen gets dimmer or brighter you are good to go, but sometimes it might be the second function key, so you will have to look for the key on your keyboard to activate the second function, and normally that key is called the FUNC or FN key, and should have the same color and the second function options. So hit that key, by either pressing it once, or holding it in.
Turn up the brightness by the keys on the keyboard. Most times you will have to Press and Hold the FN function key at the lower left portion of the keyboard, then hit the key that controls the brightness.
Also on laptops you can change the position of the lcd screen to make things appear brighter or clearer.
ok maybe what happened is that you accidentally enabled the external monitor function.
That is when you want to connect your computer to a monitor, projector, etc. your monitor will turn black and you will be able to see the other monitor.
most computers you have to press the keys Fn+ either f5 or f8 that will return to your screen.
if the configuration on your keyboard is different look for the key that says CRT/LCD and combine it with Fn if you can not find it try Fn and all the f keys on top (Fn+f1, f2, f3, etc) when you do that wait a few seconds to see if your monitor reacts.
look on your keyboard for the key with the 'fn' meaning function and then press the up arrow key on the keyboard. This will make the screen brighter this happens when you are on your battery to save power. You can also do it manually by accident.