Question about Computers & Internet
Typically Sony RM-AX4000 is not compatible (yet?) with windows 7. I have to suggest you 2 options.
1st option: Install the windows xp drivers but before running the installation file right click the installation file, go to properties - compatibility and check the windows xp sp3 compatibility check box. Hit apply - ok and run the installation as usual. In case you don't have the win xp drivers here is an official link for downloading.
2nd option: Before you start, you should make a copy of the folder where the current configuration (if you have one) is stored. If you don't know where it is, search for a file (or files) with a .axe extension. You'll use this later to load the configuration onto the Windows 7 computer.
1) Install the AX4000 software from the original CD. If you have upgraded the version from the CD with a downloaded file, run that upgrade again. In case you don't have the CD use the link provided at my 1st option.
2) Find the executable (AXEditor) on the hard drive (usually Program Files..., Sony..., Nrm..., AX), right click on it and select Properties.
3) On the Compatibility tab, at the bottom, click on the check box for "Run this program as an administrator." If you don't do this, it will complain that it needs to run from an Administrator User Account each time you try to execute it.
4) Insert the original CD into the machine.
5) Plug the remote into a USB port. It will complain that it can't find a driver.
6) Install the USB driver by selecting Control Panel... Hardware and Sound... Device Manager (under Devices and Printers).
7) In Device Manager, an Unknown Device will be displayed.
8) Right click on that device and select Update Driver Software...
9) Select "Browse my computer for driver software" and point it to the CD.
10) It will find and install the driver.
In case of a problem or clarification or further details needed, don't hesitate to post me a reply before rejecting my answer.
If you are satisfied, accept my solution.
Thanks and regards
direct fixya link: http://www.fixya.com/users/technical114
Posted on Mar 21, 2011
Please be informed that Sony only released RM-AX4000 software that is compatible with 32 bit systems like windows 2000, windows xp and windows xp mce. It is only designed for 32 bit systems and it will not work with the 64 bit systems. Please click this link for the exact details. However, you can still download the complete software package here.
Additional information that may help you. Here are the basic set up for the Sony RM-AX4000 universal remote.
1. Gather your remotes
2. Install the Sony RM-AX4000's PC software
3. Connect the RM-AX4000 to PC
4. Let the RM-AX4000 "learn" your old remotes
5. Now, create your preferred custom express commands
6. Transfer your custom setting via download to the RM-AX4000.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2013 | Sony RM-AV2500 LCD Touchscreen Remote...
Nov 02, 2010 | Sony RM-AV2100 LCD Touchscreen Remote...
Oct 12, 2008 | Sony RM-AV2100 LCD Touchscreen Remote...
Mar 04, 2007 | Sony RM-AV3000 LCD Touchscreen Remote...
950 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!