Question about Samsung Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HP Parts supposedly still stocks the EPROM for this model, so you can try to order it from the HP Parts Store. Check for part 340579-001.
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
you need to go into the service menu and adjjust the option bytes. When you upgraged you changed them. The other solution would be to replace the main pcb
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
today i solved following errors on sharp blu-ray hp20 when updating software to play quantum of solace:
can't detect software: due to .rvp file being inside a folder--not in root directory on usb stick
more than one software file detected by player: .rvp hasn't been properly unzipped. the 2 gb disc and, as far as i could tell, my system (imac os 10.5.6) showed successfully extracted SINGLE file ready for transfer to dvd player, but dvd player said that there was more than one file. erased the 2 gb disc with disc first aid utility as part of exercise. also verified FAT format on 2 gb disc. only after i used a downloaded free mac utility *specifically for extracting ZIP files* to transfer the .rpv file to the 2 gb disc did the dvd player recognize the file and i successfully updated the player's software! (sorry for the run on, i think the logic is accurate)
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
I was having the same issues too. I followed the steps dotted all over the internet and was getting stuck in exactly the same place. No matter how hard I tried, I just kept getting the 'invalid filename' issue.
Eventually I figured it out - the way that Netgear/Virgin have blocked firmware updating is to break the filename checking page so it doesn't accept any files. What we need to do is bypass the filename checking code so that the firmware upgrade system can then handle the file, and we're going to do this by manipulating the web page using a tool called Firebug.
Here is the solution:
1) If you haven't already got it, install Mozilla Firefox 3 (there is good reason for this - I'm not just shamelessly plugging it! :P).
2) Install the 'Firebug' extension for Firefox from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843 and restart your browser when requested.
3) Navigate to your router's admin page, and fill in your login details (if you don't know them, it's likely to be the one written on the bottom of your router).
4) Navigate to the router upgrade page (the one where you select the firmware to upload' and select the location of the firmware file, like you would normally. Now, instead of clicking the 'Upload' button, press F12. This should bring up Firebug in the bottom quarter of your screen.
5) Now, click the button at the top of the Firebug panel and then click on the 'Upload' button. This will bring up the code for the upload button, where it does the filename checking. It'll look like this:
6) It looks like Netgear have actually stripped out the real checking code so it can't be used, so we'll need to fool the page into thinking everything's fine and dandy with the filename so it can update the firmware. Click where it says "return checkData();" and replace it with "return true;".
7) Finally, click the upload button. The router should now accept the file and start updating.
And hey presto! You have a non-nargled wireless router with the latest firmware!
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2011 | Apple Ipod Touch 4
Feb 11, 2011 | Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42 in. LCD TV
Oct 15, 2010 | Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000 High Definition...
Jan 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2009 | Transcend T.sonic 612 MP3 Player
May 10, 2009 | Pelco DF8CB Pg 1V21A Domepak Pendant Color...
Mar 28, 2009 | Numark iDJ2 - DJ iPOD Mixer Docking...
Dec 30, 2008 | LG KU990 Viewty
Aug 09, 2008 | SanDisk ULTRA II 4GB Compact Flash Card...
Sep 22, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
Sep 22, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!