Question about Uniden Cordless Phone
Posted by Anonymous on
There could be DC voltage on the ringer circuit. When a phone line is not in use there should be 0 Volts on the ringer circuit. Sometimes a device connected to your line can "leak" voltage on to the ringer circuit, and some phones will see this as a continuous ring signal.
1. Check all of the telephone cables and any power cables - are they securely plugged in?
2. Remove every device connected to your phone line except the phone that was ringing continuously.
3. If the ringing stops, put the devices back one at a time and see which one causes the problem.
4. If the ringing does not stop, the fault is either in the telephone or your master socket.
5. If you have another phone that is known to be working, try it out to see if it has the continuous ringing.
6. If the problem no longer occurs, there could be a problem the telephone equipment, and you should contact the telephone's manufacturer for support.
7. If the test phone has the continuous ringing, call your telephone provider and tell them that there may be a short circuit in your phone line.
8. If the problem happens only with your cordless phone, and not a corded phone, then it could be interference from a device such as a wireless broadband router or microwave or the cordless handset batteries may not be charging properly.
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2015 | Vacuums
Apr 09, 2011 | Haier Heating & Cooling
Mar 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2010 | HP PSC 1210v All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 14, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Sep 18, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Jun 20, 2008 | Bissell SpotBot Robotic Wet/Dry Vacuum
Oct 11, 2007 | George Foreman GGR50B Grill
Oct 14, 2016 | Uniden Cordless Phone
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!