(01) It'd be best to check for updated drivers rather than attempt to install the ones off of the CD. Drivers that we receive w/ our hardware purchases are quite often out-dated. It's always a good idea to check w/ the manufacturer online
and get the latest drivers there to install.
(02) ASUSTeK lists the P4S800D audio drivers as "SoundMAX". It doesn't list "RealTEK" audio drivers for any of the (3) variations of this motherboard.
(03) What precipitated your needing to install the drivers?
(A) You're having issues w/ one or more integrated hardware device (e.g. Your
(B) The motherboard is new to this system build - this is the 1st drivers installation
(C) Other: Please, explain
(04) Is this a new (clean) Windows XP build ?
(05) Is this a case of a new motherboard on an old Windows XP build?
(06) If this is not a new (OS) build and the motherboard is not new to the system, did the integrated
audio work properly b4?
(07) If the answer to (06) is YES, what precipitated or coincided w/ the onset of the issue you are experiencing w/ the integrated
audio or any other issue you're attempting to address now?
(08) Are you experiencing ANY other issues at all w/ this system? If so, please, explain
(09) Have you ANY other related information at all regarding this issue?
RECOMMENDATION ACTION TO TAKE:
(10) There are (3) models of your motherboard listed on ASUSTeK
(B) P4S800D-E Deluxe
(11) Please, go HERE
and (in the upper left of the page) enter in the "Input Model to Search" field the model number of your motherboard
(12) Click the drop down arrow in the "Select Category" field and choose "Drivers"
(13) The resulting page will show the (3) variations of this motherboard model.
(14) Click on the appropriate one.
(15) You'll be taken, then, to a page where you will find BIOS updates, drivers, utilities and documentation for your motherboard.
(16) Click on the DRIVERS tab
(17) Download the appropriate drivers for your operating system.
(18) Every version of this motherboard model lists SoundMAX
audio drivers. None lists RealTEK
(19) How are you identifying your motherboard model number?
(A) Off of the box that it came in?
(B) Using a PC hardware audit utility?
(C) Physical inspection of the board?
(20) It's quite possible that the CD you have is not the correct one for your motherboard or that you've miss-identified
(21) To be sure you have identified the correct motherboard model number, please, download and run "Belarc Advisor". You can find it HERE
. Belarc Advisor
is a free pc hardware and software audit utility.
(22) Once you've confirmed that the motherboard model no. has been correctly identified as one of the P4S800D models, perform a "Clean Boot" and attempt to install the audio drivers you downloaded from ASUSTeK. (**1st, the old audio drivers via Device Manager (if applicable) that you downloaded from ASUSTeK.
(23) For the steps for performing a "Clean Boot", please go HERE
Please, post back here w/ the results and/or any questions, comments, observations you have.