Question about LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading SteamWasher
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My LG TROMM (WM1812CW) does
check out lg's site page 21 or 23 and it will tell you what the error code is as well as how to fix it. http://us.lge.com/download/product/file/1000000200/WM1814CWowners.pdf
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
SOURCE: my LG Tromm washing machine
what do the letters UE mean on my Tromm front load washing machine?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I P
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
SOURCE: My LG TROMM (WM1812CW) does
This code means that something is blocking either the water drain pipe,
pump filter or the pump itself. I had the same problem and removing the
filter (as recommended by LG) did not help. It turned out I had a piece
of debris stuck in the pump propeller itself and consequently the water
would not drain and the wash would not finish, prompting the error.
This is what I did to fix the problem.
1. I removed the cover on the left bottom corner and the removed the filter and unhooked the little rubber tube (drain).
2. I removed the pump cover (lower left corner of the washing machine) and unscrewed 3 screws holding the pump from the front.
3. I disconnected the power supply and removed the back panel (attached with 4 screws)
4. Disconnected the two hoses (one black, one gray) from the pump.
5. Disconnected the power supply to the pump (I had to cut a plastic tie holding the connector in place in order to bring the connector closer so I can disconnect it).
6. Removed the pump by pressing a little tab that was holding it from the back.
7. Once I removed the pump from the washing machine, I took three screws out of the pump motor, gaining access to the propeller. This is where I found a little piece of plastic. Apparently propeller couldn't spin because of that obstruction.
8. I put the pump back together and attached the hoses. This is easier to do when you have the pump closer to the back opening of the washing machine.
9. I then connected the pump power supply connector, locked the pump back in its place and replaced the screws.
The total repair took less than 45 minutes. The hardest part was to remove and replace the drain tube springs, because I did not have the right pliers (You need decent size pliers or plenty of strength in your hands to squeeze the metal bands).
The tools you need for this repair are:
a philips and flat screwdrivers, large pliers and a sharp knife (to cut a plastic tie)
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
An OE error presents if the washing machine has not successfully drained the water in ten minutes. However, the OE error code does not always mean that the washer requires a service call. If periodic maintenance has not been performed on the washer, there are a few simple steps to take before calling for service.
Step 1: Check the drain pump filter.
Items caught in the drain filter will prevent proper drainage. Over time build up can occur from detergents and additives used in the machine. Manually drain unit through the drain hose, then lay a towel down to catch the water, and remove the filter. Clean the filter thoroughly and restart the machine.
Step 2: Check the washers drain hose.
If the drain hose is not installed properly, the washer will not drain properly. The drain hose should not be installed more than 1 meter higher than the bottom of the washing machine.
Step 3: Confirm that the washer is leveled properly.
If the unit is not leveled properly, it will not drain properly. The front of the unit cannot be higher than the back or vice versa. If not properly leveled, the water can flow back into the machine. If this is the cause of the problem, please level the machine using the supplied leveling wrench. When you place a LEVEL on the washing machine, the bubble should be in the center. Confrim that the washer is leveled from side to side and front to back.
Posted on Oct 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2016 | LG Washing Machines
Jul 13, 2017 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Jul 19, 2011 | LG Washing Machines
Jun 25, 2011 | LG WM2277H Stainless Steel Front Load...
Sep 03, 2010 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Nov 16, 2009 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Oct 07, 2009 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Sep 27, 2009 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Apr 29, 2009 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!