Question about Kenmore Sewing Machines
Check that the thread is tight around the bobbin. Make sure that the bobbin is in the right way around - the bobbin thread should double back on itself coming out of the bobbin holder. The bobbin tension adjustment is the small screw in the plate on the bobbin case that the thread passes under as it comes off the bobbin and goes out.
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
Hi, looping on the bottom thread is generally caused by the machine being incorrectly threaded on top, which therefore wont let the bottom thread go into the stitch properly and causing it to loop.
We were told to basically follow these suggestions in order to reduce chances of this recurring & to date, I still refer back to it when I forget myself, especially if I have been off my machine for a few weeks.
1) Machine should be clean and free of lint within machine and in and around bobbin casing.
2) Correct and sharp needles correctly inserted.
3) Threads will generally feed better from the vertical position so a vertical thread stand/ attachment is recommended.
4) Before beginning to thread the machine, check that the pressure foot is in the up position, the feed dogs are engaged, the thread take up lever is in the uppermost position.
5) As you begin to thread ensure that the thread is fully engaged into the tension disks.
6)Once machine is threaded and both threads are visible (i.e the lower thread has been brought up from the bottom), slowly sew a few test stitches on a scrap piece of the fabric you intend to sew, to ensure your tension is correct. This saves time as you havent sewn a length of fabric only to find all of the bottom thread looped (experienced in that one!!)
7) If all this fails, it could be a timing issue of when your needle thread is contacting with the bobbin thread, which only a service person can fix for you, sorry.
Hope this helps you.
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Mar 16, 2012 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
Apr 18, 2010 | Husqvarna Viking 1
Sep 19, 2009 | Husqvarna Freesia 425
Apr 27, 2009 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Mar 18, 2009 | Kenmore 15516 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Nov 07, 2008 | Kenmore 19233 Computerized Sewing Machine
Aug 08, 2008 | Kenmore Drop-In Bobbin 505S-21BH...
286 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: