Question about Thermador Microwave Ovens
If you noticed tiny sparks along the bake element, it may be time to replace it with new one. Here are some steps that you may apply on how to replace a bake element in an Electric oven. Please follow the procedures below.
Remember: Before attempting any repair, please remember your safety. Unplug the power of the oven from the power outlet or turn the breaker off.
1. First, remove the racks from the inside of the oven.
2. If you want to remove the oven door so it will make you comfortable, just open it and slide it off the arms which hold it in place.
3. Now find the bake element. Sometimes it is located on the bottom of oven's interior. It resembles a metal tube that's been bent into a square shape.
--> please make sure that the oven is completely cool or has not been used in a while.
4. You can use a flashlight if its quite dark inside to locate the interior where the bake element is connected to the oven wall.
5. Once you locate the element, you will noticed that it has 2 screws holing the bake element in place. Remove the screws and ensure to put them in a place that you will not gonna lose them.
6. Now, pull the bake element out of the oven wall. There will be a wires attached to each leg of the bake element. Don't pull to hard, once you have about 5 - 6 inches of wire exposed, put a piece of electrical tape over it so it will keep the wire from falling back inside the hole.
7. Remove the screws and separate the wires from the bake element.
Putting the new bake element
1. Connect the wires to the new bake element the same way as you removed the old one. Just connect the wires to each leg with the screws. Wrap a layer of white fiberglass tape around the terminals.
2. Push the wires back inside the hole until the bake element is put back in position. Secure the new element in place using the screws.
3. Time to test the new element. Turn on the oven you should see the bake element flare up. If you notice some smoke coming off the element as it heats up, don't worry, these are just oils burning off of it. The smoke will stop after few seconds.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2015 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Nov 23, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
May 03, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 24, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 23, 2010 | LG LMVM1945 Microwave Oven
Feb 26, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens
Oct 24, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Feb 18, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 05, 2009 | Kenmore Brew 'n Wave 63992/63999 Microwave...
Aug 09, 2006 | KitchenAid KHMC107BT Convection/Microwave...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: