Question about Uniden DCX640 Cordless Expansion Handset (unidcx640)
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have contacted Uniden about solving this problem. They suggested I clear the eeprom on the handsets and reset the base. To clear the eeprom detach all of the batteries and reattach while holding the star and pound. You'll hear a beep. Press select and the unit will clear the eeprom. Now hit end and the unit will say "Welcome...something or other". Next unplug the base unit reattach while holding delete. Next hit delete twice...the base is reset. Apparently this is the last possible solution to marrying the handsets and base. This didn't work for me and the units have been declared dead. Good luck in solving your electronic problems.
Posted on May 14, 2007
SOURCE: ADDING HANDSET SAYS OUT OF RANGE
A search of Uniden support only said to call 1-800-297-1023 with handset registration issues. The rep picked up quickly and walked me through the reset procedure. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it's workable)
3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button.
4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok
5. Remove battery (yes again)
6. Reinsert battery (this time there's no need to hold down any buttons)
7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory)
8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
SOURCE: handsets do not register
Press the END button to exit or erase the message. Press Menu/Select. Scroll uo or down to find Register Base. Select the option, select it and put the handset in the charging cradle of the base. A confirmation beep will sound.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2016 | Vtech Lands Phones
Apr 16, 2016 | Vtech Accessory Handset with Caller ID for...
Jan 15, 2016 | Uniden D16883 Phone
Jul 21, 2010 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Feb 15, 2009 | Uniden DCT-748-4 Telephone
Sep 14, 2008 | Uniden DCX640 Cordless Expansion Handset
Jun 20, 2008 | Uniden TRU8885 Cordless Phone
Apr 05, 2008 | Uniden DCX640 Cordless Expansion Handset...
Jun 08, 2017 | Uniden DCX640 Cordless Expansion Handset...
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!