Question about Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sounds like the rail that the cartridges run on it sticking. Clean then real good and take your hand and gently try to move the cartridges along the rail to see if that helps
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2014 | Epson Stylus DX6050 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2012 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
Jan 28, 2011 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 28, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Feb 09, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Jun 15, 2007 | HP PhotoSmart 7960 InkJet Printer
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!