Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Unit just went dead. Reset not thrown, just dead. Purchased unit in 3/07/2009. Isn't it still under warranty and how do I proceed?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 236 Answers

You would have to check with your manufacturer as to teh warranty. Usually there is only one year unless you purchased an extended warranty

Posted on Mar 19, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

The ice maker stopped working a year after we purchased. I was told the motor went bad and I need a new one...the spring on the door is broken too...what to do? Will Whirlpool fix it since my home owner...

Yes seeing how your unit is only a year old your unit would still be under warranty if you bought the extension as long as you bought the unit new and not from a second hand or scratch and dent type of business in which if you did then you would have to call them for the warranty. If you bought the unit at lowes on the other hand there is only a one year warranty on the unit so it depends exactly how long ago you purchased the unit and from where. If you have any further questions message me back Thanks Rick

Aug 12, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...

1 Answer

I have a Dell 2408WFP monitor which was purchased in November 2008 and has just developed three vertical black stripes side by side and about one pixel in width down the right hand side. I contacted Dell,...

Well it seems to me you have a dead pixel issue. As soon as you call up a company like Dell and tell them that they know they have to replace the unit.

Either ride it out, or replace the actual LCD part of the screen. Which can not only be costly but rather complicated as well... If you want to go down this avenue then take apart the back of the unit carefully and remove the whole screen unit inside the plastic housing. The screen unit should consist of 3 glass thin slabs and a plastic type screen over the front wrapped together by a sticky reflective tin-foil type substance. Thats the unit you need to replace... Make sure you remove the back-light lamps from the top and bottom of the unit carefully, as if you break these your heading down a whole new avenue of issue...

On the back of that device will be a part number...

go there, type in the product number and it will search their database for a replacement part...

Another option is to search ebay until you find an AS-IS deal on the same make/model with an instact screen... Which requires patients and your always taking a risk doing this...

May 09, 2011 | Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP 24" LCD Monitor

1 Answer


I had this problem as well...and if you look at the date of manufacture on the back of the unit and it's more than 7 years old then the unit is out of warranty and needs to be replaced. If you have a receipt from wherever you purchased it proving that you only owned the unit for a few years, then they will replace it at no charge. Call the Kidde customer service # at 800-880-6788. Good Luck!

Feb 16, 2010 | Kidde Home Security

1 Answer

Unit is dead out of the box

I would not bother, just call the dealer and get a new one under warranty.

Aug 25, 2009 | Tripp Lite OmniSmart® OMNI900LCD...

3 Answers

GE Profile model PFS22MISBWW stopped working, panel problem?

Replace the main control board on the back of the refrig . PT# WR55X10656 . It's behind a panel about 10" x 6" .

Aug 07, 2009 | GE PDS22LBN Bottom Freezer French Door...

1 Answer

I own a Hyundai HA211 Blood pressure Monitor that the small plastic connector tube on the inflation cup broke off. The unit was ;purchased just 3 years ago and is still under manufacturer warranty. Can...

You may have linked from this site when you purchased your BP meter but FixYa doesn't sell products. You need to go to the manufacturer's website and look for 'Support' or 'Warranty.' I think you will find that 'rough handling' problems are not covered by warranty at all.

May 04, 2009 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Unit lost power

there is an internal ceramic (white) fuse in the microwave just under the cover on the right side

May 04, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Base Unit of DECT2000 Uniden Phone system (5 Handsets) went dead

You may have a defective battery, 90 day warranty.

Mar 18, 2009 | Lands Phones

6 Answers

Maytag MMV4205AA - Just went dead

It is a thermal fuse Ijust don't know where it is located

Apr 15, 2008 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

32 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18424 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides