Question about Vacuums
1) GE 15086 is not a 3-way timer.
GE programmable timers are for single-pole switch replacement only. I have tested this timer, and own several GE timers, and many other brands.
2) Open following link to identify timers that work for 3-way switching.
3) After buying correct timer, then you need to review wiring diagrams carefully because the timer replaces 1 of the 3-way switches, but other 3-way switch has to be wired exactly right to match your brand of timer.
4) Links on page above show manuals for each of the 3-way timers. Compare wiring for each timer with Intermatic wiring that you are replacing, because Intermatic is wired differently than Aube.
5) Or just buy another Intermatic ST01C or EJ500 or EI400, etc, and wiring with change out 1 for 1.
6) Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Mar 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2011 | GE Vacuums
Aug 30, 2011 | Vacuums
Jun 04, 2011 | Vacuums
Feb 19, 2011 | GE Vacuums
Jan 30, 2011 | Vacuums
Jan 27, 2011 | Vacuums
Jan 13, 2011 | GE Vacuums
Jan 03, 2011 | Vacuums
Sep 18, 2010 | GE Vacuums
Mar 23, 2010 | Vacuums
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!