Question about HP Compaq nc6000 Notebook
been working for HP for a long time, follow this link and it should solve you issue
The good thing about this is that it came from the manufacturer and it also provides you a step by step instruction as well as pictures to make sure you follow it closely.
Please feel free to leave a testimonial if this works and please do not forget to click 4 thumbs.
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: toshiba touchpad scrolling
Go to the Classic view of Control Panel...click on Mouse...click on Device Settings...click on the Settings button..it will bring up a new window about Synaptics....click on Virtual Scrolling. Un-click the horizontal and vertical scrolling button and click Apply down at the bottom and it is disabled. YAY!
Posted on Oct 26, 2009
Seems like the synaptic touch pad has lost its configuration or got a little whacky.
Go to the control panel, and find the program for the touch pad.
There, try to redefine the areas for the scroll bar action.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
you can activate this by
1. going to the control panel on your vista machine, make sure you are in classic view
(2) double click the mouse icon.
(3) From here you will select the "Device Settings" tab,
(4) make sure your Synaptic Pointing device is highlighted and then click the settings button located directly below the "port" column, this will bring up properties for this device.
(5) With all categories in the left hand column collapsed, select "Virtual Scrolling" here is where you will find the box that needs to be checked to enable vertical and/or horizontal scrolling.
(6) make sure the "Enable Vertical Scrolling" box is checked.
(7) don't forget to hit apply!
I hope this helped some people. I am using a HP dv7 so your menu may look a little different. Happy holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
Have you checked on the HP support site for updates to your computer? I am not sure if this is what you need, but it may help. Otherwise, check all the available downloads/updates for your model and update your system accordingly.
Did this solve your issue? If so, please rate it. ty.
Posted on Feb 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | Gateway NV53A75u 15.6 Laptop X3 2.1GHz 4GB...
Feb 15, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard HP 6730b...
Feb 03, 2013 | Acer Aspire 5750-6438 - 25519
Feb 03, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2011 | Dell F3534 Touchpad
Dec 30, 2009 | Lenovo G550-29583AU Notebook
Nov 09, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Sep 02, 2009 | BenQ Joybook 5100U Notebook
Apr 08, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Oct 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!