Question about NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter, RETAIL (DSNGWG111)
Hi, I have a wireless USB aadapter WG1111, I need to know how can I connect it to my laptop.
My laptop is DELL INSPIRON/2200.
Microsoft, Windows XP
Thankyuo very much for your cooperation
First put in the cd that came with the wireless USB adapter. Close the auto setup page(we will use windows wireless network manager which works better with windows firewall . Plug in the wireless adapter and the laptop will automatically install the driver. If for some strange reason it asks you to install new found hardware, follow the promts and install manually and select cd and the directory the WG1111 drivers are located. Press ok and wait for install. Restart the computer.
After restart the computer will come up with a caption New Wireless Networks found. Double click on the wireless Icon in the bottom left hand corner. It will open a seperate screen with all wireless connections avaliable to you. Might be 1 or more networks, depending on whether your neighbours have wireless networks. Anyway find your specific wireless network could be for example NetGear, Dlink, or my home network. Click on connect your wireless connection. Another smaller screen will appear with Key in your password twice( WEP key or WPA key)
Key in your key or password twice and apply or ok. It will connect and close screen.
After restart the computer will pick up your connection automatically and your ready to go on line. If you move your mouse down to the icon with wireless network in bottom left hand corner it will show your wireless connection in a caption stating the connection name and how strogn signal is. Connection complete.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A WIRELESS MODEM OR WIRELESS HUB CONNECTED TO YOU MODEM TO USE THE WIRELESS WG1111. THANKS!
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
1) Install the network adapter on the printer, if necessary. Many wireless printers have the adapter pre-installed, but if this isn't the case, turn off and unplug the printer. Then, remove the back cover on the adapter slot and place the adapter into the slot.
2) Plug in and turn on the printer. Then, insert the drivers CD that came with the printer into the CD drive of the computer. If you've misplaced the CD, the drivers can be downloaded from the website of the printer's manufacturer.
3) Configure the network adapter. Once the drivers installation has loaded, select "Using a wireless network" and then select "Next". Usually, there is a User Agreement at this point, to which you will agree and press "Next".
4) Connect the laptop to the printer using a USB cable. Connect one end into the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end to a free USB port on the computer.
5) Finish configuring the network adapter. After connecting the laptop and printer with the USB cable, select "Create or modify the printer's wireless settings" and then click "Next".
6) Connect the printer to a wireless network. The wireless setup utility will automatically open after the adapter has been configured. Find your wireless network in the "Wireless networks found in your area" and select "Next". Then verify this information on the next screen.
7) Connect the laptop to the printer through the wireless network. Now, disconnect the USB cable. Make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to your network. If they are, you're now set up.
Aug 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Jan 24, 2010 | Linksys WUSB54GSC Compact Wireless-G USB...
Jan 08, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad T22 2647 Notebook
Apr 14, 2009 | Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse...
Apr 01, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Aug 02, 2008 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 30, 2017 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
May 21, 2017 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
656 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: