Question about Epson Stylus Photo 2100 InkJet Printer
All my printing options (re; plain paper; semigloss; glossy; matte; CD etc are gone). I've tried downloading different drivers but this hasn't worked. Any ideas anyone ?
I bought my Epson Stylus Photo 2100 InkJet printer when I was still on MacOS 9.2 working on a Power PC G4. When I switched to my actual Dual 2GHz Power PC G5 working with MacOSX v10.5.4, everything went wrong and all the previous features of the printer disappeared: No Margin or Maximum printable area, Premium Semigloss and Glossy paper, etc...
Is there any new updated driver for the printer (working on Leopard) or should I think about changing it for a newer printer?
At this time there is no Macintosh OS X 10.5 downloadable driver from EPSON for your printer. Check http://www.epson.co.uk/ for updates, as we continue to update drivers.
Also try this troubleshooting steps:
Drivers for your product are included with Macintosh OS X 10.5. Just connect your Epson product to your computer.
If your output is faint or if the driver settings and/or features are missing, your system may have automatically added the printer using the Gutenprint driver.
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.
Keep us posted and thank you for using our service.
FixYa - Technical Support, Instructions & Repair Service
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
This will be the probem because there's no compatible driver for this newer version of Mac and that's the reseon its not working..
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2014 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 22, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R1900 InkJet Printer
Jan 24, 2010 | Epson Artisan 800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 01, 2009 | Epson STYLUS R350 Photo Printer
Aug 19, 2008 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Jun 17, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Mar 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo 2100 InkJet Printer
Aug 21, 2007 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Aug 15, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: