Question about Garmin StreetPilot 2720 GPS Receiver
Welcome to Fixya. In order to calibrate the Garmin 2720 please follow the steps below.
1. Calibrate the screen of the Garmin 2720 to fix the touch screen when it will not recognize that you are pressing it. Press the "Menu" button of the remote. Select settings and then display from the remote. Hit the "Recalibrate" button and follow the instructions on the screen, which will tell you where to touch the screen for calibration.
2. Check that the batteries are in the remote correctly. Look in the battery compartment on the rear of the remote to check that the "+" and "-" on the remote and the batteries and align them if they are not correctly matched "+" to "+" and "-" to "-" polarity. Point the front of the remote at the IR port on the front of the Garmin 2720 and press any button to see if the remote is working. If not, get new batteries.
3. Replace the two AAA batteries in the remote. Put the new batteries firmly into the battery compartment with the + and - polarities of the batteries lined up with the appropriate polarities in the remote. Put the back on the remote and test it by pointing it at the IR port and pushing a button.
4. Reset the Garmin 2720 to the original settings to clear data. Press the power switch on the right side of the unit if the looking at the screen to turn the unit off. Press the power switch again to turn the Garmin 2720 on again. Press down and hold the "Find" key on the front of the Garmin 2720, which is the button near the top right corner of the screen. Hold the button down until you see the message on the screen that reads "Do you really want to erase all user data?" Select "Yes." Be aware that doing so will delete all of your data, including your recent finds.
5. Load the USB drivers to fix connection problems with your computer. Insert the USB driver CD-Rom into the drive on your computer. Select "Start" and Run" if the software does not load by itself. Type the letter of your computer's CD-Rom drive and then type "setup." Press the "Enter" key. Your computer will walk you through the rest of the installation process of the USB drivers. This will be different for each computer depending on your operating system.
6. Connect the power cable of the Garmin 2720. Plug the mini-USB connector into the connector on the back of your Garmin. The connector is located underneath the weather cap, which is toward the bottom on the left side of the back of the unit. Access the connector by lifting the weather cap flap. Insert the available end of the cable into a USB connector on your computer.
7. Call Product Support in the U.S. at 800-800-1020 if you have any other issues you cannot fix by following these directions. Call 44-0870-850-1241 if you are in Europe.
Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2012 | Bernina Artista 180
Oct 23, 2012 | Nokia N97 Cell Phone
Apr 26, 2012 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Oct 25, 2011 | Nokia N8 Cell Phone
Dec 26, 2010 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
Jun 13, 2009 | Handmark Software MobileLists (950142) for...
Sep 10, 2008 | Nokia 6300 Cellular Phone
Sep 14, 2005 | NEC MobilePro 900 Handheld
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: