Question about Archos 405 Digital Media Player
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
go to archos firmware and download version 2.1.04 to your pc or laptop and save it in a folder then get ur mp4 turn it on and go format you will get a screen that says done leave it on that and connect to your pc or laptop it will recognise your mp4 then go in my computer and open 405 and open your save file and drag the save file into the 405 but NOT into a folder below them and after it has\copied turn the 405 off and start it up should be as good as new
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
I fixed my son's 605 4 GB had Recovery code (104) on it These are the steps i followed
* Use the computer for this process that you always used for this archos
* Download the firware Upgrade 2.1
* Plug the Archos to Pc
* When the white screen comes up do format
* Wait until all done then put the firmware in to the root sector of the Archos
* Safely remove the usb for Archos from your pc first and then unplug the cable.
* Do not pick any option on the Archos screen
* Just turn it off from the power button by holding it until it turns off
* Wait about 5 minutes and plug in back to pc
* it will come up with white screen again but this time it will start Update you will see the progress bar moving wait until it is all done and it will shut off. Turn it back on Your archos will be back to normal
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
SOURCE: I have an archos 405
1. Select 2nd option "Repair" or 3rd "Format the disk"
2. Connect 605 to PC using USB wire and find the Driver named "a405" or similar words
3. Copy a firmware to the ROOT directory on the driver mentioned above
4. Keep the USB connected and select "OK" on 405
5. Re-calibrate the screen under Display menu on 405.
The firmware file needs to be name exactly as it is downloaded. I downloaded both OSv22.214.171.124 and OSv126.96.36.199 firmwares to the same folder on my PC. Obviously enough I had to give them different names on the disk, I tried both and neither worked. It turns out the recovery system will not use any firmware unless it is named "firmware_a405f.aos". So if you're like me, copy the firmware over to the root of the USB-drive and then rename to firmware_a405f.aos.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Aug 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2011 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Jan 05, 2011 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
May 17, 2010 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Jun 07, 2009 | Archos 605 Wifi Portable Multimedia Player
Jan 29, 2009 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Jan 14, 2009 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Dec 27, 2008 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Nov 06, 2008 | Archos Computers & Internet
Feb 29, 2008 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: