Question about RCA Televison & Video
Programming method for your remote control follows:-
In order for the 4 component universal remote to control your DVD player or auxiliary component, you must program it with the code that matches your component. The DVD•AUX key can be programmed to operate a DVD player or a second TV, VCR, DBS or cable box. These instructions explain the preferred method of programming the remote-the Direct Entry method.
1. Manually turn on the component you wish to assign to the DVD•AUX key (TV, VCR, DVD, DBS System or cable box).
2. Locate the enclosed DVD code list, or the
corresponding code list for the auxiliary component (TV, VCR, DBS, or cable box).
Note: If your brand isn't listed, use one of the Code Search methods to program this remote control (See Code Search on page 9).
3. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH key until the INDICATOR LIGHT illuminates, then release the CODE SEARCH key.
4. Press and release the DVD•AUX key. The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink.
5. To program for DVD, press the VCR key. For an auxiliary component, press the corresponding component key (TV, VCR, DBS•CABLE). The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink again, then remain lit.
6. Use the number keys on the remote to enter the first code listed for your brand. After you enter a valid three-digit code, the indicator light turns off.
Note: If you enter an invalid code, the LED will flash rapidly for 2 seconds. Start over at step 3.
7. Aim the remote at your component and press the ON•OFF key. If your component turns off, you have found the correct code.
8. Enter the code in the box provided on this page for future reference.
9. If your component doesn't turn off, repeat steps 3-7 above, entering the next code for your brand. If none of the codes work or your brand is not listed, use one of the Code Search methods to program this remote (See Code Search on page 9).
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I HAVE A RCA, RCU404N
The remote needs to be programmed twice. The DVD button should use either code 0854 or 1260. The TV button should be coded for any Philips TV: 1454, 0054, 0690, 1154, 1483, 1744, 1867.
The only reason that these codes might not work would be if the TV is newer than the remote. Unfortunately the code lists in the remote only have devices that were released 6+ months before the remote was programmed. Since Amazon lists the TV/DVD as being listed on their site in 2004 and the remote manual is from 2003, this could be the issue.
Documentation for the RCU404N is available at http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8059/~/information,-user-manual,-code-list-and-support-for-the-rcu404n-remote-control .
I hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2016 | RCA Televison & Video
Feb 13, 2013 | RCA Rcu404N 4-In-1 Universal Remote
Mar 22, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video
Feb 22, 2012 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Sep 25, 2011 | RCA RCU404 Remote Control
Aug 14, 2011 | RCA P56950 56" Rear Projection Television
Jul 01, 2011 | Televison & Video
Nov 11, 2010 | RCA RCU404 Remote Control
Jul 10, 2009 | Directed 434MHZ Remote Control
1,006 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: