Question about Jenn-Air JSD2789GEB Side by Side Refrigerator
Hi and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly.
Ice makers not making ice are often a symptom of an automatic defrosting problem but first we will check out the ice maker itself.
Download this manual:
- Go to page 25 of the manual and determine which of the 2 "optics" designs you have. Then follow the troubleshooting steps. Note the charts on page 32 and 33 can be rotated by rt clicking and then choosing rotate clockwise. Bad thing about this is you have to click rotate 3 more times to to upright all the rest of the document when your done looking at the chart.
- If the Optics test is good proceed to the the ice maker functional test on page 29 and note the jumper wire required
As for the water valve see this link:
and this picture:
You can make a simple test cord out of a CHEAP extension cord with some bayonet terminal ends and power the solenoids individually after removing the connector of the water valve solenoid. Apply power from an outlet to the solenoid and the powere solenoid should provide water to either water in door or the icemaker itself. 5 seconds is more than enough time to determine if the solenoids are functioning properly.
Between the 2 manuals you should be able to determine if you have an ice maker problem or...
Your symptoms are being caused by the freezer rising above 18 Deg F and the ice maker thermostat is just not cold enough to cause the ice maker to go into the harvest cycle. In this case... there are several other possibilites:
- Defrost control
- Defrost Element
- Bi-metal thermostat (60 Deg)
- Evaporator fan not running at full speed / at all. (A failed door switch can cause this but if the door switch is bad.. you will not have water in door functions also.)
- Dirty condensor coils
- condensor fan not running
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
There should be a metal wire arm near the ice maker if this is pushed all the way up just pull it down and it should start working. If that is already down then check to make sure the water supply valve to the refrigerator is on and water is getting to the refrigerator, if that is okay as well then it is more than likely the supply valve on the refrigerator itself that is the problem.
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello Jim czyryca - From what you are describing if the ice maker is not making ice but is dispensing water, sounds like the refrigerator has a frozen water line, faulty ice maker valve or bad component that sends power to the ice maker valve when needed. The ice maker cycles internally to call for water so I strongly suggest contacting a professional to move forward accurately to assist with the repairs.
Jan 24, 2013 | Frigidaire FRS3R5EMB Side by Side...
Hello - If your ice maker has stopped producing ice completely, you can try to check the following:
1. It may be turned off. Look for the wire along the right side of the ice maker that looks a bit like a coat hanger. If the wire is in the raised position, the ice maker is turned off. If so, try one of these: If your ice maker has a small red plastic lever, lower it to lower the wire. If there's no plastic lever, simply lower the wire. In either case, the ice maker should begin producing ice again.
2. Also make sure that the temperature is 8 degrees Fahrenheit or lower. If the freezer is too warm, the ice maker won't cycle properly.
3. The ice maker fill tube may be blocked with ice. If so, melt the blockage using a hair dryer-but be careful to not melt any plastic parts!
4. Also replace the water shut-off valve or water-inlet valve, or both, if necessary. The ice maker head assembly may have broken parts. Look to see if the gears are broken. Check to see if the small plastic arms that rest against the ice rake are broken. If the ice maker head assembly is modular and you've found broken parts, you can just replace it.
Oct 03, 2012 | Frigidaire FRS3R5EMB Side by Side...
Jul 25, 2012 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jul 08, 2012 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jul 06, 2012 | Refrigerators
maker not working.-------------
Its the problem of water inlet valve. It's a
dual valve. This valve has two tubes in it. One for water dispenser and one
for ice maker chamber. The one side of valve is working, but other side of the
valve is not working. The valve is got stuck in one position
Click this link below to troubleshoot the
This will help. Thanks. Helpmech.
Oct 10, 2011 | Whirlpool 25.4 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jun 20, 2011 | Kitchen Ranges
Jun 06, 2011 | Refrigerators
Ice maker stopped making
ice. For this problem you have check few things. First thing, is the water
filling in the ice maker chamber and then ice maker not making ice? Or, the
water is not filling in the ice maker chamber so it's not making ice. If the
water is not filling in the ice maker chamber then it's clear that ice is not
getting made due to no water in the chamber. For no water filling, the problem
is either water supply valve turned off so water is not filling. Turn on the
water supply and it will fill. But if the water supply is turned on then the
other possibility is ice blockage in the water fill tube. There is a tube from
which the water runs and enters the ice maker chamber. If this tube is blocked
then water will not enter the chamber. The tube needs to be defrosted, by using
hair dryer. This procedure melts the ice collected in
the tube and water starts running again. But if water fill
tube is completely clear and no ice blockage or any other blockage. Then other
possibility is water valve at the back of ice maker unit. This water valve is
for letting the water in the ice maker. The water valve open only for
7 seconds and in this time the water fills in the ice maker chamber and then
water valve closes and the same procedure runs again in the next
water filling cycle.------- For your information I will mention that there are
two valves. One is the main valve the back of the fridge section. This main
valve lets the water enter the refrigerator and other valve is at the back
of ice-maker section. This other valve lets the water to enter the
ice maker. In most of the cases the fault is water valve at the back of ice
maker section. ------------- The other above possibilities which I gave you is
water not filling in ice-maker chamber so it's not making ice. But
now consider that water is filling in ice maker chamber but it's
still not making ice. Then the problem is ice maker unit itself. This unit is
controlled by main board. But in most cases if water is filling the ice maker
but it's not making ice then its faulty ice maker unit. So see if the problem
is water not entering the ice maker then the water fill tube is frosted by ice
or the water valve at the back of ice maker is faulty. Replace the valve.
You can get required
parts from sears part direct online site or from repairclinic.com site.
This will help. Thanks. Helpmech.
Apr 26, 2011 | GALAXY Microsystems 25.4 cu. ft....
Apr 12, 2017 | Jenn-Air JSD2789GEB Side by Side...
272 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: