Question about Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Since you did not mention the operating system of yourcomputer, I assume that is a Windows XP. Please check if your computer isgetting the right IP address of your printer. Print a network setup page andcheck the correct IP under TCP/IP section. To check on your computer, go to printer and faxes,right click on the Lexmark printer and select properties. Click on the portstab, check the IP address, if not you may add another port and use the correctIP. For additional assistance, please contact LexmarkTechnical Support.
Posted on Jul 22, 2011
These instructions generally apply to all networkprinters with built-in network cards (print servers) such as HP LaserJetprinters, IBM Infoprint laser printers etc.
This example is for a network HP LaserJet printer.
To install a HP printer (with built-in Jetdirect printserver) as a network printer you need to do the following -
1. Open the printer's menu and enablethe Network Card - these print servers use a static IP address therefore,configure the IP address of the network card so it matches the IP range of yournetwork. Eg. If your IP's are 192.168.0.xxx then set the network card to a highnumber say 100. (This is to prevent a conflict with the router issuing the sameIP address to a computer on your network). Then set the Subnet Mask IP address to 255.255.255.0 If you have a wireless router then check the IP addressrange that the router issues to the computers on your network and configure thestatic IP address in the printer's network configuration accordingly.
2. Install the HP printer driver onyour computer/s using the LPT printer port.
3. Connect the printer with a LAN cableto the network hub/router.
4. Click on Printers and Faxes - rightclick on the HP printer and click on Properties.
5. Click on Ports and click on AddPort.
6. In available ports - click onStandard TCP/IP Port and then Configure port.
7. Tick the IP box and type in the IPaddress of the HP's printer IP address.
8. Click OK and tick Enablebi-directional support and then OK
Install the HP printer driver on every computer on your network and configurethe printer's TCP/IP port as previously detailed.Do a test print page to check the printer.
You can now print from any computer on your network.
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Slow printing can happen for a number of different reasons. Lexmark printers are host-based printers.
Please try use the Post Script print driver or Host Based print driver. You may go support. lexmark.com to download this, or may also click the link http://bit.ly/pYTmwf
For further assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Jul 11, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Feb 24, 2011 | Lexmark E260 Laser Printer
Jan 05, 2011 | Lexmark E260 Laser Printer
Jun 22, 2010 | Lexmark E260 Laser Printer
Feb 10, 2010 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
May 28, 2009 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
591 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: