Question about 2wire Computers & Internet
You may be having technical problems. Make sure all of the wires to and from the router are securely seated and power off/on again. If no lights show up again, you will need to call your DSL provider's technical support line for more help.
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2014 | Asus US RT-N65U dualband wirelessn750...
on Jul 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on May 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2012 | Computers & Internet
I understand that you are not able to connect to internet through DG834Gv5 as the internet light on the router is RED. I would suggest you to reset and reconfigure the router using the below steps:
1. Press and hold the Wireless On/Off and WPS buttons simultaneously until the Power LED turns red (about 6 seconds).
2. Release the Wireless On/Off and WPS buttons. The LED blinks red three times and then turn green when the router has reset to the factory default state. Wait for the router to reboot.
1. Connect the cable/phone line coming from Internet Service Provider to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
3. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
4. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
5. Login to the router (username = admin password = password unless you have changed it).
6. Click on 'Setup Wizard' at the top of list from the left menu.
7. Select Yes and click Next.
8. It should give you 'PPPoA Detected' and then click on next.
9. Enter the login and password of the ISP and then click on Apply.
10. Once the settings are updated click on 'Router Status' and click on 'Connection Status' button (at the bottom of the page).
11. Click on Connect button.
12. Connecting to server should show 'Connected'.
13. If you receive 'CHAP authentication failed', close the 'Connection status' window and click on 'Basic settings'. Verify the login and password for ISP and apply the setting again.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
Please do visit http://kb.netgear.com for any technical queries regarding NETGEAR products.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Feb 25, 2011 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 02, 2010 | Linksys WRH54G Wireless Router
Sep 08, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Apr 03, 2009 | Linksys WAG200G Router
Jan 12, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal 1000HW DSL Modem and...
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!