Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Does the printer also have some "wired" interface (parallel-port, or USB-port)?
If not, then you need to purchase a router with wireless capability:
1. Connect cable-modem (or DSL-modem) to the 'WAN' (or 'IInternet') port on the router.
2. Connect one of the 'LAN' ports on the router to the network-port on your computer.
3. Configure the wireless-adapter inside the router:
* set an SSID -- the "name" of your wireless network
* encryption-level -- use 'WPA' or 'WPA2'
* a password for your network
4. Configure the wireless printer to connect to that SSID, using the password
5. On the computer, click "Add Networked Printer"
6. Print a "test" page: computer -> wired -> router -> wireless -> printer
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2014 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 07, 2010 | Brother HL-2070N Laser Printer
May 13, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2200dn Printer
Mar 21, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 19, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 25, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 24, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Feb 23, 2007 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
238 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!