Question about Sharp 27DV-S100 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
It's trying to tell you that you've (accidentally) activated Tamper Proof Mode. It will not allow you to insert cassettes or DVDs until it is deactivated.
To deactivate, press and hold the T.PROOF button on the original Sharp remote for at least 3 seconds. (Possibly up to 10 seconds).
This is the remote for the 27DV-S100 as listed above. If you have a different model, look for a button on your Sharp remote labelled T.PROOF or TAMPER PROOF and press and hold it for at least 3 seconds. If you don't have the original Sharp remote, please let me know the brand and model number of the remote you are using with the TV (if any).
Hope this helps. Please try the above, then let me know if you need further assistance, by clicking on "Add a Comment" below your question.
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2015 | Emerson EWD2204 DVD Player/VCR
Aug 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Please dont forget to vote this answer was helpful
Feb 18, 2011 | Sony SLV-D990P DVD Player/VCR
1.Turn on a desired device (VCR or DVD player)
2. On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e., DVD/VCR,
CBL/SAT or TV).
NOTE: To program control of a VCR, PVR (or DVR),TV/VCR Combo, or TV/VCR/DVD Player Combo press DVD/VCR once. After programming a VCR Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection,volume, and VCR functions.
To program control of a DVD Player,DVD Player/VCR
Combo, or TV/DVD Player Combo, press DVD/VCR once. After programming a DVD Combo device, you will be able to control channel selection, volume, and DVD functions.
To program control of a Cable Box, Cable Box/PVR (or DVR)
Combo, Satellite Receiver, or a Satellite Receiver/PVR (or DVR)
Combo, press CBL/SAT once.
3. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice,
then release SET.
4. Use the Manufacturer's Codes to locate the type of device and brand name and then enter the first four-digit code for your device. If performed correctly,
the LED will blink twice.
5. Aim the remote control at the device and press POWER once. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 2 to 5, trying each code for your brand until you find one that works. If it still doesn't work, try Searching For Your Code on next page
Auto Code Scan:
1.On the remote control, press TV once.
2. Press and hold SET until the LED (red light) blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Enter 9 - 9 - 1.The LED will blink twice.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV and slowly press POWER button.Stop when the TV turns off
5. To lock in the code, press and release SET.The LED will
6. To search for the codes of your other devices, repeat steps
1 to 5, but substitute the appropriate device key for the device you are searching for.
Sep 18, 2010 | One For All URC4220 Remote Control
Aug 06, 2010 | One For All URC4110 Remote Control
Oct 14, 2009 | GoVideo Go Video DVD/VCR Combo
Oct 07, 2009 | One For All URC-3021 Remote Control
Sep 12, 2009 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
Dec 27, 2008 | JVC DR-MV1SU DVD Recorder/VCR
335 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: