I tried to reset my bb by removing my battery and putting it back in, but it wont boot up, just flashes a red light.
have tried to connect to pc, wont recognize.
have tried resetting several times...
Hopefully you have sync'd the BB before this happened.
1) uninstalled DM4.7 (this also fixed the annoying virtual serial port issue)
2) deleted/uninstall the BB4.2 and BB4.5 versions previously installed onto the computer
3) downloaded and installed DM4.5,
4) installed BB4.5
5) removed the vendor.xml file
6) with the phone disconnected, put in the battery for a split second until the solid red LED shows, then connect the mini-usb cable to the phone and at the same time take the battery back out (this seemed to be the only way to make the PC 'detect' the phone)
7) run Application Loader, which detected my BB4.5, and updated the phone's OS/software/apps
8) near the end ,when the app loader says something like "connecting to phone" or something like that, put the battery -back- into the phone
9) this seemed to initiate the installation of the phone's core modules, a 10 minute process or so
10) after that you get the rotating hourglass thing on the phone's screen, and after waiting about 20 minutes or so, VOILA!!
Nov 26, 2010 |
RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100