Question about Western Digital My Passport Essential (WDME5000) 500 GB USB Hard Drive
Several things could be happening here:
1. your electronic controller in the hard case has failed.
2. you didn't properly disconnect the external hard drive in Windows > with the
"Safely Remove Hard ware and eject Media" in the task bar.
3. if you have a power supply to the USB drive it may have a damaged power connector or not supply proper power to the device.
4. the drive may not be supported by the motherboard for your PC.
5. Scan the drive with Microsoft Security Essentials" found at Microsoft.com Download ( its free). You may have a virus.
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2012 | Western Digital 500GB ELEMENTS 500 GB USB...
Feb 28, 2011 | Western Digital Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Home 500GB...
Aug 23, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Mar 19, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Jan 26, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jan 13, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Jun 25, 2017 | Western Digital Passport 160GB External...
Oct 19, 2010 | Western Digital My Passport Essential...
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: