Question about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
That error message would be on the printer itself. The printer thinks that the software for the scanning is not installed properly. At first you must try to scan using your computer. You can open HP Solution Center or HP Director in your computer and try to scan using that program. If you will get an error message then click on this link to download the software http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=oj-45265-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN . If this link does not solve your problem then you have to uninstall the software. If you still have the disk for your printer insert it in the computer. Do not click on the uninstall button on the installation screen. Just close the screen.
- Click on start > computer or My Computer > right click the cd and select open
- click on util > ccc > uninstall l3 .... just follow the screen instructions
- uninstall the software from l3, l2 then l1
- remove printer entries in your registry by
- clicking start > click run > on run type "regedit" if windows xp or lower version and if you are in Vista click start and then on start search type "regedit" and hit enter
- when you are in the registry press ctrl and f . it yould open a search box. make sure that the first and the fourth box has a check mark and the second and third should not have check
- now on the search box type "printers"
- once you find a printer folder click on the "+" sign and if you see a printer entry click on delete. if there are folders inside "printers" click on the "+" again or if there is no "+" just click on the folder. If there is an entry of the printer in the right side. Click on that entry and hit delete
- do this process until it would say that search complete.
- after finishing deleting the printer entries in your registry restart computer
- then download the software of the printer in the hp website.
- try to scan again
- if this does not work this would be in regards with other computer settings that you have.. just do this simple step first then post again if it resolve the problem or not so i could provide additional steps
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
I'm glad you posted enough information about the error message for me to recognize it. HP.com has a web page that directly refers to this error message and the steps required to solve it.
No can option error message
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5280 InkJet Printer
Dec 31, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 16, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2009 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 12, 2009 | HP Scanjet 4890
Apr 13, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: