Question about Heating & Cooling
More than likely, the heater element is overheating and the overload switch is turning it off. It could just be a case that the heating element needs cleaning. As they do become clogged with dust and lint, because they take in cool air at floor level, heat it and send it back out. You didn't mention who the manufacturer of your electric fireplace is, but they all work just about the same way (badly, most of the time). Turn OFF the Master On/Off Switch, unplug the fireplace from the wall and leave unplugged for 12 to 15 minutes. Now, would be a good time to clean the interior, if you want to under take it. Plug the heater back in and turn the Master On/Off switch to the On position. Turn ON and set the heater control. If it returns to normal operation, the problem is solved. If the unit continues to have to be reset (if it's a Dimplex) turn the Master Switch Off, unplug the unit and contact Dimplex USA, Technical Service at 888-346-7539 for more information.
Hope this helps solve the problem.
Posted on Mar 17, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2015 | NewAir Heating & Cooling
Jul 01, 2015 | AC Cars & Trucks
Jul 19, 2013 | Sharp Cv-p12lx 11500 Btu Portable Air...
Aug 22, 2012 | 2009 Nissan Altima
May 22, 2010 | LG Heat cool Window Air Conditioner
Aug 23, 2009 | 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Dec 09, 2008 | 1999 Dodge Stratus
Dec 03, 2008 | 2000 Ford Escort
Sep 25, 2017 | Heating & Cooling
278 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!