I have (4) documents to print, but it won't print.
It says: 4 document(s) pending owner
To cancel a print job in Windows you can use one of the following two methods:
CANCELLING A PRINT JOB WITH THE PROGRESS METER:
When you send a print job to the printer, the Status Monitor will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen. Another printer icon for the PROGRESS METER will also appear in the taskbar while printing is taking place. This PROGRESS METER is there so you can manage print priorities or cancel print jobs.
1. Highlight the print job in the PROGRESS METER box.
2. Click on DOCUMENT and CANCEL, or, right click on the job name and left click CANCEL or DELETE.
3. Confirm cancelling the print job.
CANCELLING A PRINT JOB FROM THE PRINTERS WINDOW:
If no PROGRESS METER appears, you can access the document queue in this fashion:
1. Open START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS (START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS and FAXES in Windows XP).
2. Right click on your Epson printer name, left click PURGE PRINT JOBS (98,ME), or CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS (2000,XP). (Or, double-click on the printer name to see and modify the status of documents in queue.)
3. Confirm cancelling all documents.
Keep in mind that once information has been sent to the printer it resides in the spooling folders within Windows. It may a while for printing to stop as this data clears the system.
If the printer continues to print (ie multiple copies of a cancelled job, or garbled print) remove the rest of the paper from the printer and allow it to run out. Once an "out of paper" type error appears on your screen, cancel the documents. Once all print job information has deleted, reload the paper and press the paper feed button once to clear the red light and return the printer to a ready state.
Jul 16, 2008 |