Question about Computers & Internet
If the disk-drive has "failed", then it must be replaced:
* turn the computer off
* disconnect the AC power
* remove the side-panel(s)
* remove the cables (data & power) that connect to the disk-drive
* remove the screws that hold the disk-drive in the frame
* remove the disk-drive
* take it to a computer-store
* show it to them, and they will sell you a compatible disk-drive
* reverse all the above "remove" steps to connect the new disk-drive
* turn the computer on
* insert the "System Restore" CD/DVD disk that came with your computer
* Windows will be installed onto the new disk-drive
* run Windows Update, several times, to get all the latest security-updates for Windows
* install free anti-virus software: http://www.Microsoft.com/security_essentials
However, it's possible that your disk-drive is still working, and all your "data" files on the disk-drive can be "rescued", even through Windows is not starting-up completely & properly.
Take your computer to a qualified technician, for trouble-shooting & repair.
Posted on Mar 17, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2013 | LaCie Big Disk External USB 2.0 1TB Hard...
May 31, 2012 | Fujitsu Computers & Internet
Aug 03, 2011 | SimpleTech 1TB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive...
Feb 14, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2009 | Motorola Mobility i580 Cellular Phone
Apr 23, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 3 40GB System
Nov 18, 2008 | Western Digital (WD3200JS) 320 GB Hard...
May 15, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8200 PC Desktop
Nov 12, 2007 | FireLite (USBFLB80) Hard Drive
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!