Question about Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
waste ink absorber error message can sometimes be solved by resetting the printer itself. i havent yet tried in ip1880 but in ip1200, th e resetting method is this: (it might also work on other models)
1. unplug the power cord and the data cable(printer to pc) 2. while press-holding the (printer) power button plug the power cable (do not release printer power button until step 3) 3. press 'resumet' ( the button below the power button of the printer) button twice... 4. release the power button 5. connect the usb cable of the printer to the pc... - a new canon printer shall be found in the list of printers. use it as default printer
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
Well, at some point you will need to either replace or wash the absorber pads in the printer - but you can reset the warning as follows:
1) Turn the printer off
2) Press and hold the <resume>button
3) Press and hold the <power> button
4) While holding down <power> release <resume>
5) With the power button still held down, press <resume> twice more
6) Release the power button
7) Press and release the <resume> button 4 times
8) Press and release the <power> button twice
At this point, the printer should come back online with the waste ink warning reset
Personally, I would only do this once before actually changing the ink absorber pad...
Posted on Aug 31, 2009
SOURCE: ink absorber full
This is a very common problems with canon printers. They are set for a certain number of prints and they need the ink absorber serviced. Now along with resetting the printer its best to replace the absorber. Here is link to site that has reset instructions.
Posted on Nov 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 05, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1000
Mar 31, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Eight flashes: Waste ink absorber almost full
The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber for the ink used during Print Head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink absorber is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.
Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible
Jan 11, 2011 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 06, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 30, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: