Question about Computers & Internet
1. Unplug laptop from AC power.
2. Remove battery; Look at laptop manual if you don't know how to do this.
3. Flip the laptop over so the bottom of the laptop is facing you.
4. There should be a rectangular bay on the back of the laptop that houses the hard drive. See picture for an example. Your laptop will likely look different but the picture should help give you an idea.
5. Remove the screw(s) that secures the plastic plate covering the hard drive bay; there's usually only one or two screws to remove.
6. You will now see the hard drive. Look for any screws that are securing the hard drive to the laptop. Remove the screw(s). Not all laptops will have screws securing the hard drive to the laptop but some do, and I'm guessing this may be your problem.
7. Slide the hard drive horizontally away from the interior (middle) and toward the exterior (outside) of the laptop. The hard drive is plugged into the laptop and this action will unplug the hard drive.
8. That's it - you're done. Just reverse the steps to replace the hard drive.
Good luck and thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 17, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2013 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive Pininfarina 500GB...
Jul 07, 2011 | Iomega Select 1TB USB 20 Black External...
Jan 02, 2011 | Iomega 34579 1 TB USB 20 Hard Drive
May 21, 2009 | Samsung SpinPoint M40 MP0302H...
Apr 04, 2009 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
Feb 13, 2009 | Generic Memory Electronics - Others
Feb 09, 2009 | Seagate Maxtor 750GB One Touch 4 Plus...
Dec 10, 2008 | Iomega 33089 250 GB Hard Drive
Jan 24, 2008 | SimpleTech SimpleDrive Portable USB 2.0...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!