Question about Westinghouse Refrigerators
Seems like you're experiencing water on floor outside the refrigerator. Leaking issue sometimes caused by the drain pan. There are some ways on how to correct this issue, either you clean the pan or just reposition the tray. Here are some steps that you can apply to solve this problem.
Before conducting any repair, please remember your safety. Unplug the machine or shut off the power at the breaker panel to avoid any electric shock.
1. Remove the drain pan and clean it with a warm soapy water or water and baking soda.
--> the drain pan is located at the bottom of the refrigerator behind the front grill.
--> Please remove the grill which snaps into place. Hold the drain pan while pulling slightly upward and forward.
2. If you noticed that the pan is too closed to the compressor please reposition the tray.
3. You may also try to check water invelt valve. It is located behind the refrigerator. Look for a water supply line coming into the valve and turn it off at the source. Now disconnect the supply line. It has screws so you need to remove them.
4. The water inlet valve is connected by two wires. Before disconnecting the wires please label the wire placement on the water inlet valve.
5. The wires are connected to the terminal with slip on connectors. Firmly pull the connectors off of the terminals ( don't pull on the wire ). You can use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the connectors. Please check if the connectors and terminals has corrosion. If corroded they should be replaced.
--> if you still have a leaking issue after following the above procedures please try to check drain (second option). Please follow these instructions.
Your refrigerator has a drain that leads to the exterior drain pan, it is located beneath the refrigerator. Occasionally this drain can become clogged resulting in standing water inside your refrigerator. Here are some steps you can use to unclog the drain.
1. First look for the drain. The drain is located either on the floor of the refrigerator, in the wall behind a drain funnel or beneath the vegetable crisper.
2. Now clear the drain by forcing a solution of water and bleach or water and baking soda into it with a basting syringe.
3. If solution wont flow through, you need to slide a length of 1/4 inch or smaller flexible tubing into the drain tube to push the clog through the drain pan.
4. Remove the tubing after clearing the clog.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 17, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2013 | Washing Machines
Aug 22, 2011 | Washing Machines
Aug 12, 2011 | Westinghouse Refrigerators
Welcome to FixYa
OE is a drain error and is displayed when the washer is unable to drain water. Please check the drain hose and drain pump filter for any clogs to clean the error. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
May 27, 2011 | Westinghouse Washing Machines
May 17, 2011 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Dec 28, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 30, 2010 | Refrigerators
Feb 05, 2010 | Amana Refrigerators
Jan 16, 2010 | Refrigerators
Jan 15, 2007 | Frigidaire GLRS237ZA Side by Side...
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: