Question about ASUS A7V8X-X Motherboard
Hi, welcome to FixYa.
The Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio driver for Windows may be corrupted or causing problems with the audio driver installation.
To resolve this, try the following:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. Look for the following two items: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and High Definition Audio driver Package - KB888111.
3. If these items are listed in Add/Remove programs, remove them.
4. Restart Windows.
5. Download the latest audio driver for your PC.
6. Double-click the filename to extract the files.
7. Go to the folder where the files have been extracted and browse to the \HDAQFE\xpsp2\us\ folder or the \MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP\us\ folder. (The name of this folder depends on your PC model.)
8. Double-click the file kb888111xpsp2.exe to install the High Definition Audio Driver Package.
9. Restart Windows.
10. Install the audio driver.
Posted on Mar 17, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
May 19, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 29, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Feb 26, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Notebook
Feb 22, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Oct 02, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Jul 06, 2009 | E-Mu 0404 Sound Card
Apr 22, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 15.4-inch Notebook PC
Feb 13, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jan 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 25, 2017 | VIA Computers & Internet
Sep 25, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
713 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!