I have a RadioShack 6 in 1 remote 15-2146, I have every thing programmed correctly atlest it seems to work. However, when i try to use the MENU button to pre-set a recording time it does not work. I can hit the MENU button but nothing will happen the other buttons seem to freze until i exit out by hitting the menu button again. Other that this the remote is fine, but i would like to be able to record and am not able to do so HELP!!!!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Menu Button not working, can't record
There must be some keys active after you press Menu. Like you said, it must be waiting for you. After you hit Menu have you tried all the numbers and arrows?
If you can't get any of them to respond (except hitting Menu again to exit the menu) perhaps you need to try a different manufacturer code for your device. For example, if you have Brand ABC Model XYZ, perhaps the valid remote codes are 012, 013, and 014. Even if you have found that 012 works for most things but you can't record, you should try programming the remote to codes 013 and 014 and see what happens. There could be slight differences between the codes that allow most features to work, but not ALL features, just as you are experienceing. Good luck.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To do a reset of the remote control follow the instructions below.
1. Remove the batteries from the remote control.
2. Hold down the Power button for a full minute.
3. Once done, put the new batteries back in and test the remote control. Please power cycle the unit as well by unplugging it from the wall and leaving it of for a couple of minutes. Once done, test the remote control again. To delete the recorded programs, please follow the steps below
1. Press the BD button on the remote control then press Home. This should bring up the home screen.
2. On the Homescreen, choose AllShare Play and press the Enter Button.
3. On AllShare Play, scroll down to Recorded TV and choose ''HDD''.
4. Now the titles of the recorded programs will appear.
5. Press the Tools on the remote control and select ''Delete'' from the side menu.
6. Select the titles to be deleted by highlighting them, then press the Enter button on the remote control.
7. Select ''Delete'' from the side menu then confirm deletion.To try and resolve this issue, please reset the remote control. To do so, please refer to the instructions below: 1. Remove the batteries from the remote control. 2. Hold down the Power button for a full minute. 3. Once done, put the new batteries back in and test the remote control. Please power cycle the unit as well by unplugging it from the wall and leaving it of for a couple of minutes. Once done, test the remote control again. To delete the recorded programs, please follow the steps below: 1. Press the BD button on the remote control then press Home. This should bring up the home screen. 2. On the Homescreen, choose AllShare Play and press the Enter Button. 3. On AllShare Play, scroll down to Recorded TV and choose ''HDD''. 4. Now the titles of the recorded programs will appear. 5. Press the Tools on the remote control and select ''Delete'' from the side menu. 6. Select the titles to be deleted by highlighting them, then press the Enter button on the remote control. 7. Select ''Delete'' from the side menu then confirm deletion.
On most RadioShack universal remotes, when you are running the automatic search, you have to press a button within 2 seconds of the TV switching off or it skips to the next code. If you fail to press the correct button within 2 seconds, the TV wont respond when you subsequently test the code.
I am not sure which is the correct button for your remote as you did not specify the model number of your RadioShack remote. On many models, it is any button other than the "SET" button.
Although getting the TV to switch off is an encouraging sign, there is still the possibility that your RadioShack remote will not work with your TV. There are hundreds of universal remotes, hundreds of TV brands and thousands of different models. This makes for an incalculable number of potential
combinations of remote and TV and many of these combinations simply don't work together.
If you have tried all of the codes supplied for your TV brand and completed the automatic scan with no success, then it's likely that you have one of the combinations that doesn't work. However, you
should ensure you are "setting" the code in the remote as soon as the TV switches off. For correct operation, please consult the instructions for your remote.
It is also possible that a code for a different TV brand will work for you as many TVs are not manufactured by the company with their badge on the front. If you can discover who manufactured the original TV (base-unit), then codes for this brand will sometimes work.
If you would like further assistance, please post back with the brand and model number of both your TV and the RadioShack remote. I will then be able to check on the correct programming instructions for your remote and possibly determine whether codes for another brand will work.
Problem was solved by Holding down the "ENTER" button for no less than 10 seconds and after releasing it press "SYSTEM MENU". This will take you to the setup screen on your TV.
where all settings can be made from there by following the on screen directions.
Not a complete solution, but, around the last page (pg. 14) of your converter box manual there are codes listed for universal remotes. I happen to have a Philips remote that is listed. My code to control my dtv box is 0354. It appears that they have all codes listed for all Radioshack model universal remotes. I would suggest getting a Radioshack remote for Your "Digital Stream" (Radioshack) dtv box...
programming a device: make sure batteries are installed correctly. Turn device on(for ex., your TV). Press TV button next to Power button on your 15-2147...Press and hold the little P button until the red LED lite blinks twice...enter the first four-digit code for your device(in your case,JVC TV...first set of #s is '0463' ) note: the LED will blink once as each number is entered. If the number is correct the LED will blink 2x. Note if the LED doesn't blink twice after entering the 4 digit code, begin again with the next set of numbers. For JVC the codes are 0463 and 0053. Once your remote blinks twice after entering in your TV code, press the power button. This should turn off your TV. Just use like any other remote. Hope this helps you.
IF not then you should be able to program in
Emerson 0591, 0675 for the DVD player
Emerson 0037, 0184, 0000, 0121, 0043, 0209 for the VCR
THe problem arises however, that the vcr and the dvd function buttons are the same, so you can only program one or the other. You need A different remote. I would suggest the 15-2142 made by radioshack. It is the Family 4 in 1 remote, and it has all the functions you need. THis remote is also backlit on some buttons to make it a little easier to see in the dark.